Monday, October 1, 2012

2ne1 concert in typhoon weather!

I just came back from 2ne1 concert tonight!! If you do not know, 2ne1 is a Korean girl band that is amazing!! The venue was in Saitama Super Arena, which is around an hour away by train from Tokyo. So we took the train to Saitama and the weather was beautiful! Blue skies with white clouds. The sun was shining! And I ate the yummiest tonkatsu set I've ever eaten here so far and it came with eggplants too (yumm!!) and near the concert venue, nearly everyone was wearing 2ne1 merchandise, from child (age 5ish) to like father-status men. It's their one-year anniversary debut in Japan so it was a big event and also their first global tour!

my yummy tonkatsu set!

side of Saitama Super Arena

Typhoon weather does not stop 2ne1 fans!

Me posing in front of their merchandise!
Line of 2ne1 fans for merchandise!

Look how big the stadium is!

Look at all the 2ne1 fans getting ready for the concert!

They are soooooo coool!
めっちゃかっこいい!!

If you know 2ne1, you know their music style and you know it's the best for concert!! Everyone was holding their 2ne1 lighter glowstick and rocking it during the concert! It was sooooooooo fun, and a great stress reliever from school and homework! Although I didn't buy the glowstick, I did buy their tshirt for 3000yen. I really wanted their hoodie, but it was 6000yen... so I refrained... but nonetheless, the concert was amazing and really fun!! Everyone had a blast.


***Please check back for more concert pictures later!! I will have better quality and clearer pictures later on :)

BUT when we got out from the concert, it was suddenly typhoon weather...There were notices that Typhoon No.17 was coming later tonight, but actually standing outside being blown away by the wind was a whole different story! I had my northface windbreaker on so I was able to stand on the floor and walk to the station in the rain and wind. Then, on the train back, there were already announcements that multiple lines would be partially stopped or entirely stopped from running because of the approaching typhoon. The line we needed to take back was actually on the partially stopped running list!! But luckily, as we kept transferring trains, the section we needed to get back to the school was not stopped... yet so we were able to get back to the station near the school and then take the bus back to school. Some of my friends decided to bike back because the weather didn't seem that bad: just a little rain and then some wind. I didn't have a bike so I took the bus back with other friends. When we got back to the campus, the weather started to turn bad! My friend who was on a bike said a tree fell on top of her on her way back to campus! Crazy!! But she survived and is all good now. But imagine the weather outside! Typhoon is definitely not something common back in San Francisco, so it was definitely an interesting experience!

When I got back to my room, there was a notice on the door saying that if the train stops running at 6am, morning classes will be cancelled!! Let's see what happens tomorrow.... :) Glad we made it back safely from the AMAZING concert!!

Good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment