Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tokyo Sky Tree!! And Yoyogi Park :)

Now that I was back in Tokyo with 2 days left to spare before my flight, I decided to go to Tokyo Sky Tree! This new piece of architecture had just opened last year and may replace Tokyo Tower in popular culture, so I wanted to see what the big deal was. It is essentially a broadcasting tower with restaurants and observatories for viewing the city!

Taking the train to Sky Tree

Almost seeeeeeeee Tokyo Sky Tree up close!
And here it is!

Haha this is a cute sign to a souvenir shop at the bottom of the building

There seems to be a "Tree" theme going on here!

Yes, it's sweet potato again! Sweet potato and milk softserve :)
My childhood: Tomogotchi!! I think this is the remake of my childhood toy!

Once again, the city is full of Christmas decorations!

The view of the district around Sky Tree


After Sky Tree, I was on my way to Meiji Shrine, definitely one of the most popular shrines to visit in Tokyo. As I am crossing this bridge...

I get to the entrance of the shrine and see everyone walking out....
because the shrine just closed ): So I missed the opportunity to look inside!
Although disappointed, I saw on the map that Yoyogi Park was just around the corner so I decided to stop by! This a place where most street artists perform and it's a "young" park!